It’s Easy to Make a Difference in a Child’s Life
At the age of four, Chris was living in a home where his father was extremely violent. For most of his short life, Chris witnessed repeated incidents of domestic violence against his mom and the arrest of his father. He was was referred for counseling by his preschool to address extreme behavioral issues in the classroom and concerns about his fascination with guns and violence. Teachers reported that Chris talked about guns all the time, made guns out of blocks, and put his play gun to the heads of other children, threatening to kill them.
Over the course of six months, Chris came to the Play Therapy room 2-3 times a week, focusing on helping him express and work through the trauma. Chris’ behaviors have shifted dramatically. He is now making positive choices, using positive words, and has become a role model in the classroom.
Chris' success is possible because of the generosity of individuals like you. Please DONATE TODAY to make a difference for a young child like Chris.
Join Us in Fighting Childhood Adversity
It's difficult to hear stories of young children going through traumatic experiences. Our therapists are on the front line every day in Palm Beach County, helping young children heal after experiences no child should have to endure.
We are committed to the best possible care for every child in need, regardless of the family's ability to pay for services. We rely on the generosity of local donors and businesses to help us achieve our mission. Please consider partnering with us today.
Ways to Give Today
- Visit our Donate Online page for giving options, including designation of funds and tribute gifts. Credit card donations may also be called in at 561-244-9499.
- Corporate giving is easy through our annual giving program! Our corporate sponsorship packet outlines all opportunities for businesses who want to make a difference.
- Sign-up for our e-newsletter to learn about upcoming events and volunteer opportunities.
- Visit our Program and Volunteer pages to learn about our programs and how you can support young children in our community through advocacy and volunteerism.
- Share our website and social media pages with friends and colleagues to help promote our mission in Palm Beach County. It's as easy as clicking the buttons on the top right of the page.
Corporate Matching Gifts
You can double or even triple the value of your contribution by taking advantage of your employer's matching gifts program. Consult your personnel office to get specific details and obtain a matching gift form.
Planed Giving and Bequests
You can help the Center for Child Counseling continue our mission of supporting the youngest, most vulnerable children in our community through planned giving and bequests.
For the Center for Child Counseling, a charitable bequest is the easiest and best way to make a gift. By means of your will or other estate plan, you can name the Center for Child Counseling as the beneficiary of a portion of your estate. A bequest allows you to honor a loved one while providing critical support to young children in our community.