ACEs: Trauma to Resilience
December 12 @ 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
In the absence of protective relationships, toxic stress in childhood impacts an individual’s well-being across the lifetime. This workshop provides an overview of the ACE Study, Trauma, Toxic Stress and the Impact on Health.
This 4-hour free virtual workshop will provide an overview, interactive learning, and strategies on becoming trauma-informed.
Participants will learn about:
- The ACE study, including the ACE Pyramid which provides the conceptual framework for the study.
- Outcome and findings of the ACE study.
- Definition of toxic stress and its impact on the developing brain throughout the lifespan.
- Impact of early adversity on lifelong health – emotional and physical.
- The ACEs and resilience durveys, including their own scores.
- How resilience trumps ACEs.
- The importance of creating trauma-informed and resilience-building practices based on the findings of the ACEs research.
- Role plays practicing effective communication strategies, including reflective statements.
- Shifting thinking and practice to become trauma-informed.
Sponsored by the United Way of Palm Beach County.