- This event has passed.
PACEs: Building Trauma-Informed Communities
November 14 @ 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
This workshop provides an overview of the individual and historical trauma, ACEs in the community, Positive Childhood Experiences (PCEs) and ways to build resilience.
This 4-hour FREE virtual workshop will provide an overview, interactive learning, and strategies on becoming trauma-informed.
Participants will learn about:
- Types of trauma, including individual and community levels;
- Brain development and neuroscience;
- About the stress response system, and the impact of toxic stress;
- An in-depth look at positive and adverse childhood experiences and its impact on the individual;
- ACEs in the community, including and overview of epigenetics and historical Trauma and toxic stress;
- A look at the impact of trauma and toxic stress on the mother and on the baby;
- The antidote to ACEs, Positive Childhood Experiences (PCEs); and
- About resilience, with early intervention strategies.
Sponsored by the United Way of Palm Beach County.