- This event has passed.
Endemic Times: Art & Play Therapy Techniques for Grief, Loss, and Isolation
February 24, 2023 @ 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Facilitated by Marla Berger, LMHC, ATR, RPT-S™
The past few years have been difficult for children, tweens, and teens.
They have had to grow up away from the social supports and systems that help sustain and nurture. Many have experienced losses, deaths, and isolation from friends and family. As our world moves from a pandemic state of mind to an endemic, so must our therapy services. The long-term effects from the Covid-19 pandemic are being seen even now with a rise in anxiety, depression and fears in our youth. They are growing up in a digital space, where connection can be a click away, but they feel less connected than ever.
This live workshop will seek to provide hands-on, experiential art and play therapy activities to help children, tweens, and teens process their lived experience of grief, loss, and isolation. Participants will engage in interactive activities which can be utilized through in-person and telehealth sessions.
- Define grief, loss and isolation in children, tweens, and teens.
- Identify at least three new art therapy techniques to process grief, loss, and isolation in the playroom.
- Identify at least three new play therapy techniques to process grief, loss, and isolation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how the pandemic affected youth.
- Apply techniques into art and play therapy sessions to reduce the risk to youth.
- Utilize different art and play therapy techniques to help youth process the effects of the pandemic.
Center for Child Counseling is approved by the Florida Board of Psychology and Board of Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Licensed Marriage & Family Therapists, and Licensed Mental Health Counselors: Provider #50-11511.